Caregiver Guide & Video Series
The Caregiver Guide is a handbook, co-designed by caregivers and healthcare providers to support caregivers. Combining research, caregiver advice, and important information from healthcare providers, the guide aims to give caregivers a sense that they are not alone.
The Guide includes a list of local resources, caregiving information and tips all grouped under the following six chapters:
- Who is a Caregiver?
- Changing and Balancing Roles
- Advocacy and Health System Navigation
- Navigating Financial and Legal Issues
- Preparing for the Future
The Guide is being distributed in the Huron-Perth Counties by the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance, North Perth Family Health Team, STAR Family Health, ONE CARE Home & Community Support Services, South West LHIN Home & Community Care for Huron Perth, and the Alzheimer Society of Perth County.
You can download the handbook below or access it at caregivershuronperth.ca.
There’s more! A video series has been developed as a complement to the guide. The series features caregivers and healthcare providers as they share their experience. See the videos below:
1. Who is a Caregiver & Caregiver Resources and Tools
3. Changing and Balancing Roles
4. Advocacy and Health System Navigation
5. Navigating Financial and Legal Issues
6. Preparing for the Future